I love this smoothie! The oatmeal in this smoothie is just enough to get you through your morning. It is heart smart, low fat, and gets me going before my morning workout. And it tastes really good too. The oatmeal and honey are delicious combination. Every ingredient in the oatmeal breakfast smoothie has wonderful health benefits to nourish your body and keep you feeling energetic. Here is a quick overview:
- Oatmeal is high in fiber and protein but low in fat and supports cardiovascular health
- Oat Bran comes from the outside casing of the oat grain. It is high in fiber and protein
- Almond Butter is the most nutritionally dense nut. There are more vitamins and minerals per calorie in almonds than in any other nut. It is high in protein, fiber, vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Honey has endless benefits. It has antibiotic properties but I really like using a local honey because it helps with seasonal allergies.
- Flaxseed is high in antioxidants
- Cinnamon is known to thin the blood thus increasing circulation which boosts your metabolism in turn promoting weight loss
- 6-8oz Non-Fat Milk (You can also use water, soy milk, or almond milk depending on what you like)
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla works best)
- 1/4 cup Oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 tbsp Oat Bran
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter(you can use any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Flaxseed (whole,ground or oil)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Ice to your liking
- Combine all ingredients in a blender in the order listed – you want the ice to go in last.
- Zoom it for 15-20 seconds.
- Enjoy and feel better.
Tomorrow I have a smoothie that I call the Labor of Love.