You’ve got to try this salty toffee cookie recipe. It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s extremely satisfying (the big 3). This salty toffee cookie combines crunchy saltines, a toffee layer, a chocolate layer and is topped off with milk chocolate morsels and chopped pecans…honestly, what’s not to love?
Salty Toffee Cookie Recipe
- 4 ounces saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle semi sweet chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts and milk chocolate chips. Cool completely and break into pieces.
If you liked this and want more, Cookies At Home is a great cookie cookbook for experts and beginners. There are old school classics, plenty of Italian cookies, and some fun cookies recipes that I developed for the book. And they are all great if you want to spend some time teaching your children or grandchildren. Special Christmas price available now.